Web Commenting and Posting Policy
Below are the “Guidelines for User-Generated Content” from the City of San Rafael.
The City of San Rafael encourages you to interact with us. Please be aware that information posted using social media sites may be recalled as a public record. Information posted using social media is stored only by system service providers. The City’s policy is not to retain social media content.
Content posted to City of San Rafael websites, social media sites, or other web presences that contain any of the following will be removed:
- Comments not topically related to the particular content being commented upon;
- Comments advocating for or against candidates or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party