E-Resources for Middle and High School Students
These resources are accessible from anywhere with your library card.
- Academic Search – full text magazine, newspaper and journal articles on every subject, including scholarly, peer-reviewed
- Biography Reference Center – 460,000 biographies\
- Britannica School Edition – Learn about any subject with content for all grades and all reading abilities K-12. Find articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, and recommended Web sites.
- Britannica Escolar – Britannica en español.
- Consumer Health Complete – articles on all areas of health and wellness – from mainstream to alternative – from newspapers, magazines, reference books, and encyclopedias
- Driving-Tests.org – free California DMV practice tests and guidebooks for cars, motorcycles, and commercial licenses (in English and Spanish)
- High School Explora – for beginning research in all subjects
- Literary Reference Center – author biographies and critical essays on literature
- Lynda.com – professional tutorials to learn computer, software, and creative applications; business and leadership skills, and more
- MasterFILE Periodicals – thousands of magazines, journals, and newspapers including National Geographic, Consumer Reports, and Mother Jones
- Points of View Reference Center – pro and con articles on popular controversial subjects
- The School of Life – a website devoted to developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture, covering a variety of ideas in the humanities – from philosophy to literature, psychology to the visual arts – ideas that will exercise, stimulate and expand your mind
- Thug Notes – Thug Notes is an American educational web series that summarizes and analyzes various literary works in a comedic manner