How much does the library get used?
We at the San Rafael Public Library are so pleased that our neighbors continue to use the library’s services so heavily. That’s what we’re here for, after all! The library was used more than ever over the last year.
Take a look at our one page report highlighting the most interesting numbers!
What’s being used more?
- Youth program attendance went up 9% without an increase in the number of programs which means more kids at each program. Fantastic!
- Digital branch (website) visits increased by 31%. That is absolutely remarkable!
- Twitter followers increased by 21%, probably owing to a push of our social media presence.
- Digital subscription databases (periodicals, language learning, homework help, museum passes, etc.) increased by 9%. Another hit for digital!
- eBook downloads increased 29%. Last year saw a similar increase and I anticipate this trend to continue as well. Yet another hit for digital!
What’s being used less?
- Circulation of physical items decreased by 3%, not a remarkable change but a slight change to keep an eye on.
- Public computer sessions decreased 9%. Last year we saw a similar decrease too. This is likely due to more people obtain personal computing devices of their own.
Have questions? Ideas? Other numbers you’d like to see? Leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.