Personalized Reading Recommendations
Do you need a bunch of books for yourself, your family, preschool or daycare classroom, or for distance learners? Fill out this form and we’ll gather your materials and call to schedule a curbside appointment as soon as possible.
- Personalized Reading Recommendations For Families and Teachers
- Recomendaciones de Libros Personalizadas Para Familias y Maestros
- Personalized Reading Recommendations For Adults
- Recomendaciones de Libros Personalizadas Para Adultos
Adult Book Lists
Award Winners & Bestsellers
Book Suggestions from our Library Blog
New Books | Bestsellers | Popular Titles with Holds
What the San Rafael Library Staff Are Reading/Watching
Marin Library Staff Picks: Adult Fiction | Adult Non-fiction | Teen | Kids
Literary Reference Center – critical essays and author biographies (requires a library card to log-in)
Adult Book Club Kits
Our Book Club Kits include everything you need to lead your group with a popular fiction or non-fiction selection.
See our page on Book Club Basics to find information about how to start your own book club and breathe new life into your existing book group.
Storytime Anytime Kits for Kids
Storytime Anytime Kits include everything you need to lead a great storytime at home or in your classroom.
Library Book Clubs for Adults
Check the online event calendar for the current month’s book selections.
Great Books Reading & Discussion Group *Currently on hiatus due to COVID-19 shelter in place order and library closure.
1st Thursday of the month from 1:30 to 3:00 pm in the Library Meeting Room.
A monthly discussion of literature as “a fun and challenging way to become thoughtful, more engaged citizens.” The readings range from nonfiction to fiction and ancient to modern, based on selections from the Great Books Foundation. The discussion is free and open to all. Led by Louis C. Rutledge.
Northgate Book Club *We have moved this book club online in June due to the COVID-19 shelter in place order and library closure.
Find out more here and to register via Zoom.
Looking for something we don’t have?
You have a few choices:
- Use our new Zip Books program to have the item delivered to you (only for books, large print books and books on CD).
- Place a request through Link Plus, which lets you borrow from dozens of libraries in California and Nevada (free)
- Suggest a title for us to purchase; we take every request seriously, but do say no from time to time (free)