E-Resources for Middle and High School Students
These resources are accessible from anywhere with your library card.
- Brainfuse – Learning resources for elementary through college level in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and more. High School and college test prep.
- Britannica School Edition – Learn about any subject with content for all grades and all reading abilities K-12. Find articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, and recommended Web sites.
- Britannica Escolar – Britannica en español.
- CultureGrams – Concise cultural information on countries around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- Driving-Tests.org – free California DMV practice tests and guidebooks for cars, motorcycles, and commercial licenses (in English and Spanish)
- eLibrary – General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. Two unique interfaces available. (Grades 6+)
- O’Reilly Learning – Access to 35K+ books, 30K+ hours of video, curated learning paths, case studies, interactive tutorials, audio books, and O’Reilly conference videos about computer science, programming, engineering, data science, and more.
- School & Educators Complete – eBook subscription database (over 12,000 titles) to support multiple subject areas (English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology). (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
- The School of Life – a website devoted to developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture, covering a variety of ideas in the humanities – from philosophy to literature, psychology to the visual arts – ideas that will exercise, stimulate and expand your mind
- SIRS Discoverer – Selected content for novice researchers, especially elementary and middle school students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher – Curriculum-aligned database of content organized by complex issues, ideally for middle and high school students and educators. (Grades 6+)
- Thug Notes – Thug Notes is an American educational web series that summarizes and analyzes various literary works in a comedic manner