Updated March 15, 2020
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, All San Rafael Public Libraries including the Downtown Library, the Pickleweed Library and the Northgate Mall Library, will be closed.
March 15th, 2020 Press Release
For additional information please see the City’s COVID 19 (novel coronavirus) information and resources page.
Here’s what we are currently doing in response:
- We are waiving library fines for books due through the end of March and encouraging patrons to keep their books at home.
- We are extending due dates an extra 3 weeks for all materials due through April 4th.
- We are encouraging you to contact us remotely for personal assistance using our chat widget that is located on the bottom left of our website during open hours.
- We are promoting our wide range of digital materials and online services from home, including: eBooks and audiobooks, streaming movies, digital magazines and news; Learn More
For the latest information and guidance from Marin County Health & Human Services (Marin HHS), please visit the Marin HHS Coronavirus webpage: www.marinhhs.org/coronavirus. You can also sign-up to receive updates by email. In addition, individuals can contact Marin HHS with non-medical COVID-19 questions by calling a dedicated information call center at 415-473-7191 or by email to: COVIDemail@example.com.
The best way to reduce the risk of becoming infected is to practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu shot to prevent flu, which has symptoms like novel coronavirus.
For any library-related questions, please contact library staff for assistance by phone at 415-485-3323, using the chat widget or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.