Libraries Closed Until Further Notice
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, All San Rafael Public Libraries including the Downtown Library, the Pickleweed Library and the Northgate Mall Library, are closed.
This is in accordance with the order directing residents to shelter at home for three weeks beginning March 17. You can read more about this order here.
Here’s what we are currently doing in response:
- We are waiving library fines for all materials while the library is closed and encouraging patrons to keep their items at home.
- We are working to extend due dates for all items until the library has reopened.
- We are keeping all ‘hold’ items on the shelves in their current locations so they will be available once the libraries reopen.
- We are in the process of renewing all Link+ items until April 7. If you have questions about specific items on your account you can reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or our chat widget. Please provide your library card number and first and last name.
- We are encouraging you to contact us remotely for personal assistance using our chat widget that is located on the bottom left of our website during open hours.
- We are promoting our wide range of digital materials and online services from home, including: eBooks and audiobooks, streaming movies, digital magazines and news; Learn More
For the latest information and guidance from Marin County Health & Human Services (Marin HHS), please visit the Marin HHS Coronavirus webpage: www.marinhhs.org/coronavirus. You can also sign-up to receive updates by email. In addition, individuals can contact Marin HHS with non-medical COVID-19 questions by calling a dedicated information call center at 415-473-7191 or by email to: COVIDemail@example.com.