Your Library Delivered!
Zip Books is a way for customers to request books that are not available in our MARINet Catalog. The item is free to you and shipped directly to you using Amazon.
- Customer must have a MARINet library card.
- Customers can request 1 item at a time.
- Customers can only request items that are currently NOT in our libraries and that we don’t already own.
- The cost of the item must be under $75 for foreign items and $50 for all other items.
- Item may be a Book, a Large Print Book, or a Book on CD
- The Item must be available through Amazon (it does not have to be Prime).
- In order to request another Zip Book, you must return the one you have.
How to Order a Zip Book:
Step 1: Fill out the Zip Book Request Form.
Step 2: Library staff will email or call to let you know what day to expect the book to arrive from Amazon or let you know if it is not available. Please contact us at: email@example.com if you don’t receive your book on the day estimated.
Please Note: We are currently experiencing delays with Amazon shipping our orders. We will send you an estimated delivery date once we place you order with Amazon.
Step 3: Keep the item as long as you want, but in order to request another Zip Book you must first return the one you have.
When returning your Zip Book, simply drop it in a return bin at the Downtown, Pickleweed, or Northgate libraries. Please place a note on the book indicating that it is a San Rafael Zip Book. We will mark it as returned so you will be able to order another Zip Book.
Downtown San Rafael Library: 1100 E Street, San Rafael 94901
Pickleweed Library: 50 Canal Street, San Rafael 94901
Northgate Library: Northgate Mall near the Food Court.
Step 4: You will be asked to complete a short survey which allows us to track patron satisfactory level with the program.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library and NorthNet. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the California Library Services Act. Zip Books is administered in California by the State Librarian.