Your Library. Delivered!
What is it? Zip Books is a way for customers to request books that the Library doesn’t own. The item is shipped directly to you using Amazon.
- Customer must have a MARINet library card.
- Item must not be available in the MARINet catalog.
- Customer can request 1 item at a time and keep it as long as you want. If you want a new title, you must return your current title.
- Customers may receive a total of 3 items in a month.
- The cost of the item must be under $35.
- Item may be a Book, a Large Print Book, or a Book on CD
- The Item must be available through Amazon (it does not have to be Prime).
- Library customer must be in good standing with the Library (not owe more than $10.00 on your library card).
How to use it:
Step 1: Fill out the Zip Book Request Form.
Step 2: Library staff will email or call to let you know what day to expect the book to arrive from Amazon or let you know if it is not available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive your book on the day estimated.
Step 3: Keep the item as long as you want. When you are finished, please try to return the item to a staff member at the San Rafael Public Library during library open hours. Please inform staff that you are returning a Zip Book. The item must be returned in order to request an additional item. Please be sure to tell staff that it is a Zip Book so that we can mark it as returned. If you really need to, you can put the item in the book drop in its original Amazon packaging – please mark it “Zip Book”.
Step 4: You will be asked to complete a short survey which allows us to track patron satisfactory level with the program.
Step 5: Repeat for a total of 3 times per month.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library and NorthNet. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the California Library Services Act. Zip Books is administered in California by the State Librarian.