3D Printing: An Introduction
3D printers are more than just a trinket factory. This emerging technology unlocks creativity, encourages innovation, and lets engineers, artists, and tinkerers make their dreams a reality.
Michael Kim presents an overview of 3D printing: its history, its potential, and the surprising, useful, and beautiful things it can create.
Michael is a Mill Valley resident who studied engineering physics, product design, and art history. He has worked in design, advertising, and technology for 25 years. He retired from tech in 2015 to pursue teaching full-time in such areas as engineering, design, coding, robotics, and 3D printing.
Michael will answer these questions:
- What is 3D printing?
- Who invented 3D printing?
- Hoe does a 3D printer work?
- How long does it take to print?
- Who can benefit from 3D printing?
- Why is 3D printing important?
- How do I get started in 3D printing?